Saturday, December 29, 2007

More visiting

We started very early today. 8 am! Carolynn, Chris, Walter and baby Jack had us over for breakfast. Jack is so cute and looks a lot like Carolynn. I wish I could say Carolynn and I just sat around and drank coffee, but with two toddlers and two newbies it was a bit hectic. So much so that I did not even take a picture. Theo and Jack were of course oblivious to the existence of the other, but Gus and Walter had a lot of fun. They played with Walter's work bench, loaded citrus fruit into a wheel barrel and toted it around the house (that ended because Gus wouldn't stop biting the fruit and Walter didn't want to share it), and stood at the back stairs and called down to Chris who was working in the cellar. Walter would call, "Daddy," and then Gus would call "Robert's Daddy." He kept referring to Walter as Robert. I do not know if he was confusing him with his cousin Robert, or if he was just pronouncing Walter funny.

We met up with Jonathan back in Dedham and Gus cut and decorated cookies with Grammy while I ran an errand.

Gus's cookies.

This was Gus's first baking experience and by all reports he loved it, and discovered a new word, "decorate." A lot of my friends bake with their under-twos (and have even forwarded kid friendly recipes to me) but I am a meanie when it comes to the kitchen and have been very protective of my favorite space. I keep all my pots and tools under lock and key and have only let Gus play with kitchen equipment on a handful of occasions. So I guess it is only fair that I missed out on the fun. But I did enjoy eating them. Very good dough, Grammy!

It is a turkey. Could it pass for a turtle?

Next, all three 2042 boys and I headed to Cambridge to see Kate, Jon, and Chloe. Gus and Chloe had a lot of fun . . .




but I think Gus may have a little competition for Chloe's heart from Theo.



Chloe is two now (Dec 21) and so smart and spunky and adorable. I really enjoyed her questions about Theo and her singing. Kate called Gus "the male Chloe" and Chloe "the female Gus" and I see what she means. Maybe it is because as newborns they spent so much time together. Probably not, but it is a nice thought.

Next time we see the Nazemis they will be in Watertown. We are looking forward to visiting them in their new home.

When we got back to Dedham, Grandpa was watching a Seinfeld rerun. Gus walked into the room when Newman was on the screen, looked at the television and exclaimed, "that's a big guy!" Indeed. Theo, the drooler that he is, had soaked his sweater so we took it off


and Grandpa said he looks like he works in an Italian restaurant.

It was a wonderful day.

No comments: