When Gus entered the kitchen for breakfast this morning he found his very own tricycle waiting for him.
A: What do you say to Grammy and Grandpa, Gus?
G: Happy New Year!
'Thank you' is still a work in progress. Or, as a I believe, he is pulling our leg.
Grandpa and Jonathan put the tricycle together last night. One wheel fell off while Gus was "riding" it in the kitchen (he hasn't got the pedaling yet--he might need blocks on the wheels) but Grandpa fixed it. This is kind of funny since Grandpa gave Gus a book in the fall that reads as follows:
Hmmmm. Then ask Grandpa?
This afternoon, despite the freezing temperature, Grammy and Grandpa took Gus for his first ride. They did two laps on our block of South Street before dragging Gus, who refused to wear his mittens, inside. Needless to say, the trike was a big hit.
I also had my first taste of this birthday. This evening when I came down to the kitchen after feeding Theo, Grammy was putting candles on a cake for me and Gus welcomed me with, "Happy birthday, Mummy!" He said it so sweetly I asked him to say it again and again and again, and he did.
Thanks Grammy and Grandpa. We had a wonderful week with you.
No comments:
Post a Comment