Thursday, April 24, 2008

Big day at the zoo

We went to the zoo with Kelly, Evan and Samantha today. It was our first trip to the Philadelphia Zoo, which is the oldest zoo in America.



Gus and Evan had fun toddling around. Poor Theo was once again stuck in the stroller but he did not seem to mind.



There was so much to look at that we did not see it all, but what we did see was amazing. The animals were so close to us. Never before have I felt so in awe of animals. They were absolutely beautiful (except for the shrews which were just horrid--thanks to Evan for making sure I saw them).



Right after this picture the mama lion came and swatted at her baby. It was pretty scary and the boys jumped.

We saw tons of animals, had lunch, went on a train ride but the highlight of the day was the pony ride.



Gus has been a bit of a scaredy cat lately so I was shocked that he got on the pony. He loved it. Now when you ask him what he is going to be when he grows up he says a cowboy. (Well, sometimes. Sometimes it is a truck driver.)

Theo was equally interested in the ponies.


"Hi Pony. I would ride you if I could get out of this thing."

1 comment:

Anna said...

cute cute! lara is totally obsessed with those ponies, by the way. she calls them "pony horsies" and thanks them after every ride. the last time were at the zoo, we thought she'd be into the swan paddle boats, but not so much. let's get together soon!