It is Tuesday. Story time day! Gus could not wait to get to the library. He returned his books for the first time without any drama, and I could not help but think, 'wow, he is really growing up.' And then we went into story time. He is still two. It was kind of a small group so the librarian announced that we would wait a couple of minutes for late comers. Gus yelled, "I'm ready now! Wake up Toes!." Then when it was time to sing 'Wake up Toes' he yelled, "No! I no sing Wake up Toes!" (And of course when he got home he talked about how he sang 'Wake up Toes.')
The theme of the day was Mother's Day. The first book, 'Carry Me, Mommy,' was pretty good, but they went downhill from there. Gus agreed and he was not quiet about it. The librarian (a very bookish-looking lady) made this huge deal about this one book, how it was her favorite because it was an early work of Maurice Sendak (local hero). It was sooooo boring. And Gus told her. He kept saying, "I no like this book. This book over." Finally he said, "Mumma, I'm all done with story time." So we left. Maybe he was off because Zach was not there. Or maybe it was because of the awful books. Someone should write a better book about Mother's Day.
Other amusing things that happened on Gus's 27 month birthday:
Gus ran in from the garden saying, "Mumma, I no like those bees buzzing. I no like that noise." (We have a tree dripping with yellow flowers and the bees love it.)
We went grocery shopping and when we pulled into a parking space across the street from our house, Gus said, "That's my home. It is made of brick. It is my life."
I locked Gus in the vestibule so I could get Theo and the groceries out of the car. While I was doing this, he climbed up our iron security gate, which has a brick pattern and was just hanging there saying 'hi' to the people who passed. I really wanted to have him do it again so I could take a picture, but I figured that was a really bad idea.
No comments:
Post a Comment