Seems impossible, but Gus is three. We spent the morning at our house playing with Zach and Ellie and in the afternoon we went grocery shopping and Gus picked out his cake. Jonathan came home early from work and we ordered Chinese food for super (Gus loves Chinese food) and then sang Happy Birthday. I did not think Gus would like the cannoli since he will not eat butter, cream cheese, whip cream, or anything that looks like butter or cream, but he must have thought it was frosting. And while I was getting a knife to slice the cake, he dove right in and even shared with Theo.
We gave Gus a toy tool bench and The Complete Adventures of Curious George, and after picking out kind of blah presents for Chanukah, I was happy that these were so well received. He played with the tool bench non-stop from 7:30 a.m. until lunch. When Zach would leave the room they were in, Gus would follow him and drag the tool bench with him. We gave him his book right before bed. Jonathan read him one story and Gus begged him to read all of them. The book has 405 pages! We said we would read more in the morning, and Gus, who is scared to be in his room with the door closed said as I kissed him goodnight, "Will you close my door so I can read Curious George?"
I am excited to see what a three-year-old Gus will be like.
No comments:
Post a Comment