We spent Valentine's Day afternoon with Chloe, Kate and Jon at the Please Touch Museum. It is Jazz Festival month, so we fought our way through the crazy-huge crowd (I had no idea how busy the museum gets on a Saturday afternoon) to a performance of the Louie Miranda Band.
The kids got the "wear stripes" memo.
Dancing in the stands.
Dancing on the stage. Can you find Chloe and Gus?
We all enjoyed the concert until the band leader pulled out cardboard guitars and started looking for volunteers to play them on stage. When he asked, "Who wants to come down here and play this?" Gus and Chloe immediately jumped saying "I do, I do." And then Theo started saying "I do, I do, I do," and did not stop for a good three minutes. Eventually there were about eight kids on stage playing the pretend guitars but neither Chloe nor Gus were picked. Chloe got over it, but Gus was crushed and cried the rest of the show and would not go down when everyone was invited down to dance again. It made me so sad to see his reaction to being passed by. I think this was the first time he has been at something that not everyone gets to participate in.
Luckily he had Chloe to camp with in the hollow tree . . .
while Theo perfected his dance moves on the lily pads.
No comments:
Post a Comment