Friday, November 20, 2009

overheard at 2042

It is my intention to be much better at recording the funny things the boys say. There have been some funny conversations, but I didn't record them and now I cannot remember them. My plan is to jot them down here in a draft and post them on Fridays. We will see how I do..

At supper on 11/17. I made spinach salad, mixed veggies and sloppy joes, which they usually love.
Gus: It's yucky, Theo. Don't even try it.
And Theo did not try it.

At Miss Alissa's mock wedding/shower on 11/18.
Miss Cindy: What happens when people get married?
Gus: They change their names.
Odd response considering I did not change my name. Later in the day
Gus: Mommy, what was your name before you were married? Kelly?

Eating lunch at MacDonalds while taking a break from errands on 11/19.
Gus stands up in the booth and starts yelling: I'm eating junk food.
Theo stands up and yells: I'm eating junk food.
Gus to the people at the next table: You're eating junk food.
Theo: You're eating junk food.
I hushed them as quickly as I could, but I think they ruined a few lunches.


Jonathan and Gus were in the living room on 11/22.
Jonathan: Do you want to play Candyland?
Theo came running in from the playroom faster than Jonathan has ever seen him run.
Theo: We are having candy!?

***Oh well, I did not post these back when I recorded them but maybe in the new year I will follow through with my intentions . . . only time will tell***

No comments: