Monday, March 15, 2010

gelato

 
Theo and I went shopping for lamps this morning on the other side of town, and by that I mean east of Broad, oh a twenty-five minute walk away. Theo spotted this sign and started begging for chocolate gelato. We do not frequent the Capagiro in our neighborhood all that often, so I was floored that he recognized the shop.

 
So of course I had to treat him to a lunch of chocolate and banana gelato (I don't know why, but it is customary to pick two flavors).

 
I had the white bean soup. I would have bought Theo a typical lunch item, but there was no way he would have eaten it with a case full of gelato behind him.

 
He ate the chocolate first and refused all my requests for a taste.

 
Can't you just tell how good this stuff is?

 
???

 
I had a little spoon of my own and stole a few tastes of the banana, to which Theo responded "Daddy doesn't do it that way!" He has been pulling that a lot lately.

 
Can we keep this little lunch a secret? With a face like this, probably not. Thank goodness for wipes.

No comments: