We had a hard time getting Gus to bed last night, we thought because of the excitement of having Raj over. As if his presence alone did not make for a special evening, Raj brought Gus Winne the Pooh books with tiny little stuffed characters. There was some confusion about Pooh. "Pooh comes from there," Gus said grabbing his bum. (We are starting to talk about the potty and all that entails.) I am not known for my promptness with thank you notes, but it looks like my son will be. "Paint card for Raj," he said at least a dozen times while Raj was still here. And it was the first thing he asked to do this morning.
We had just as hard of a time getting Gus down to bed tonight. After tucking him in the fourth time, I was heading downstairs when I heard him cry out loud to himself, "Mummy keeps Theo. Mummy keeps Theo. Mummy keeps Theo." Poor fellow. It is heartbreaking to know he thinks I am choosing to spend time with Theo (who stays up later to nurse) rather than with him.
No comments:
Post a Comment