Sunday, December 16, 2007

Keep it tidy.

I am sure somewhere out there in cyberspace there is a manual full of tips for parents who want to blog the daily routines of their little ones and the first tip surely is keep your house tidy at all times so that when your child does something amusing you can capture it without your dirty laundry and unmade bed as a backdrop. Or maybe there is a more realistic manual that says, you are already airing your dirty laundry, so don't worry about showing a little dirty laundry. Right now I wish I could find one to teach me how to crop it out of my picture, but I have to go fold and put away all the laundry. We are hosting playgroup tomorrow. And though as a young child I can remember seeing piles of laundry and ironing boards at the houses of my mom's friends, and surely at our house, I have not seen any of this at playgroup. Perhaps they all live by tip one?

Following is Gus playing in my shoes. Please ignore the mess.







We had a busy day today. We went to a party in the afternoon and Raj came over for dinner and to watch football. I tried to keep the boys tidy until we got to the party.

Tidy.


Still tidy. That's what bibs are for.


Cookies for the party.


Not tidy.


Theo is watching Gus's every move. Here he takes a lesson in begging for cookies.

No comments: