Thursday, May 22, 2008

Goodbye, big-boy bed. Hello, bigger-boy bed!



It is here. The day I have been dreading. Gus jumped out of his crib. It happened while he was in a time-out. For what, hardly seemed important once we heard the thud and the announcement "I jumped out of my big boy bed." The landing sounded so controlled and Gus was so chipper that I initially thought he may be able to jump out safely. So I, to Jonathan's horror, encouraged him to show us how he did it. Let's just say he got lucky the first time. Jonathan went straight to the tool box and, with Gus's assistance, turned his "big-boy bed" into a real big-boy bed. I expected to be a little teary when Gus graduated from his crib, but not a drop. Maybe I would have been if we actually had dismantled a crib, rather than just a panel. I hope Gus likes his new bed and that he stays in it all night long.

No comments: