Next we went to the beach. Grammy, Grandpa and Theo sat on a bench and watched Gus, Jonathan and me fly a kite and play in the sand.
Theo and Grammy
Jonathan, Amy and Gus flying the owl kite
I REALLY liked flying the kite and was shocked that I could do it. I remember it being really difficult to do the last time I tried, oh some twenty-five years ago. My Grandpa (Gartland) made fancy kite reels out of fishing reels for Kevin and me and I could never get the hang of it. Maybe I just need a plain old spool.
Luckily for me, the kite hog, Gus was more interested in the ocean and playing in the sand. This was his first time at the beach and he was not at all scared of the water or bothered by the sand, which was very hot. I cannot wait to go to the beach with him this summer. I am a little nervous about going with Theo, who has entered the stage of putting everything in his mouth.
After the beach we headed to Intervale Road for a visit with Auntie Anne, Uncle John and Cousin Patrick. Cousins Katie, Owen and MaryKate were there, too, and it was so nice to catch up. MaryKate and Owen have grown so tall.
Owen, MaryKate and Theo
At Anne and John's, Gus was asked what he ate for breakfast. "Bacon and potatoes," he said. I guess he was just humoring us at the restaurant. I do not know why I thought he would be fooled. He loves bacon and sometimes will eat potatoes. He must have thought we were all crazy.
Before heading home we stopped for a quick visit with Auntie May. Theo sat with her for a bit and Gus played with her "magic lamp," asked her for a snack, and wished her a "Happy Mother's Day."
It was a lovely day.
No comments:
Post a Comment