Today we went to a holiday playgroup at Kelly, Evan and Samantha's house. Meri, Ellie and Max were the only other attendees. This is my kind of playgroup! Small and not wild. Better yet, Kelly's husband, Dave, was home and played with the toddlers in the garden while we relaxed inside with the infants. Occasionally one of us would go outside to make sure everyone was okay. Dave's judgment on the climbing abilities of toddlers is questionable and Gus was wearing Evan's roller skates (he goes right for them every time we are there) so I was especially nervous (but he is surprisingly steady on them). Kelly's neighbor was in her garden doing yard work and Gus apparently had been talking with her, because when I came out he ran over to the fence and said, "I am a big boy," and she said, "Yes, you are Gus." And then Gus said, "And this is my mommy, Amy." I think she said her name was Beth. I was so shocked that Gus was introducing me that I might have misheard her. I know it is polite to make introductions, but unless totally necessary, I just try to lay low. I am happy for Gus that he is so comfortable talking with people and hope this does not change as he gets older, but I am not looking forward to being roped into his extroverted shenanigans.
Jonathan and I were counting on Theo being apart of team introvert, but all indicators point to extrovert, too. He chatters away all day long, just like Gus did at his age, and when we are out and about he tries to catch the eyes of everyone passing by. Today at Kelly's he kept crawling over to six-week old Max and talking to him. He also is a big flirt, and spent a good deal of time batting his incredible long eyelashes and Kelly and Meri. I think my days of public solitude are over.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment