The "blue truck" had to go to the dealer this morning for a check-up, so the boys and I were left without a car to get to playgroup. The fifty minute walk to Linh's would have been fine, it was the walk back I was worried about. The boys would have either been crazy hungry and irritable or asleep, and if the later then I would have been crazy irritable when they arrived home and refused to nap. So we took the bus that rides right by our house, oh, at least 40 times a day.
Gus was psyched. As far as he is concerned, this was his first bus trip (we took the bus (silver line) in Boston frequently but he does not remember). It truly was Theo's first trip. We waited for the bus, somewhat patiently, but once we were on it Gus expected it to go, go go. When we stopped at lights or to let people on and off, Gus yelled, "I want to go. Go now." I tried to explain that the bus is more like a car than a train, but that did not help, though he eventually stopped yelling at the drive and took up singing the Bob the Builder theme song in his "outside voice." I do not think Theo noticed that we were on a new mode of transportation. He spent the trip trying to grab the ponytail of the man sitting in front of us. We were at Linh's 15 minutes later. It was super easy, but kind of pricey for a bus--$2.
When Gus spoke with Grammy tonight he told her the bus was sticky. We did not talk about this, so I was surprised that he had noticed and made note of this all on this own. The "No eating" sign also made an impression on him as he told Grammy, Daddy, and Grandma and PopPop about it, as if he had read the sign himself. He wanted to eat his snack on the bus, but I told him he could not because the sign said, "Please No Eating," to which he replied, "Just grown-ups eat on the bus." Yet another thing that not even grown-ups do.
1 comment:
Lol, Lara also loves the bus and hates when it stops. As soon as she feels it slowing down she starts yelling "Go faster! Go faster, bus!" We try talking about how the bus picks people up and drops them off but I think she'd rather it did that while moving.
Glad you found your wallet! That's the worst feeling.
Post a Comment