Greeting Danielle, Alex and Eli when they came for dinner one Sunday night.
G: Hi! We have a delicious supper for you.
Looking at our new print of a boy and a dog looking out a window on Commonwealth Ave.
G: It is Gus and Theo!
G (at the top of his lungs): Dr. Hill-ie, where are you?
Following the nurse down the corridor to the exam room. Gus is like George Bush in that he likes to give out nicknames. Gus's are even more simplistic. If he really likes you he will add an 'ie' to the end of your name.
T: Bla, bla, da, da (or something like that)
G: Mamma, Dr. Hill come in the room and Theo will use his crazy words.
Gus seemed embarrassed by the prospect of this happening.
Gus's favorite phrase for the month of July.
G: Theo, he doesn't know any better.
Often followed by,
G: We need to teach him. We need to teach him how to use a fork.
Gus, brutally honest, but always polite, saying good-bye to his babysitter.
G: Good-bye, Katie. I did not enjoy you today. Thanks for coming.
Gus popping out of his room after "trying" to nap for about 20 minutes.
G: It worked, Mumma! I got my energy back.
Gus after bumping Jonathan's arm at dinner and knocking a forkful of food on the ground.
G: You drop that on the floor. I have seen Theo do that too.
After watching a video of Lara on forty-two roads, oh 15 times in a row.
A: You can watch Lara dancing one more time and that is it.
G: Lara is getting tired.
Theo pulling at Gus's ear.
G: What Theo doing with my ear?
A: I don't know.
G: He is doing tricks with it.
And my favorite,
Eating seedless watermelon at breakfast.
G: Take the seeds out! Please! Out, out, out!
A: Look, Theo eats the seeds.
G: He doesn't know any better.
that is until Gus asked very good-natured-ly,
G: Mumma, can I use this broom to whack the hummus off Theo's face?
Sure. Why not?
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Amy, these are the funniest! We were laughing out loud at "Can I whack the hummus of Theo's face". I love that you're collecting these - Gus will love them too when he's older. I remember being obsessed with reading about me as a baby/toddler in my mom's baby diary.
Post a Comment