Wednesday, August 6, 2008

two-and-a-half and stilts



Jonathan has been telling people that Gus is two-and-a-half for months, but today it is actually true. No big deal to Gus since he too thinks he has been two-and-a-half for months. He spent this morning like he has been spending most mornings the past couple of weeks--playing with Little People on top of the bookcase in the play/guest/laundry room. When he first started playing with them up there he would stand on his tiptoes in order to reach things, and I was constantly offering to move things to the floor, which would send him into a mini-tantrum. Then he discovered he could use the nesting blocks as little boosters. Now, when Little People go flying off the bookcase, he can search for them on his stilts.





Gus can get around the whole room on those blocks! It is really cool to watch. For the longest time I could not figure out why he was making such an effort to keep all the toys squished on top of the bookcase. And then it became clear. Theo.



If Gus is playing Little People on the floor, then Theo is playing Little People. Gus is good at sharing but a boy has limits. If Gus is using the farm, then Theo is using the farm. So Gus will abandon the farm and move on to the pirate ship. So Theo moves to the pirate ship, and will try to open or press whatever door or button Gus is playing with. Apparently it is easier to walk around on blocks and stretch to reach everything, than it is to have a little shadow. And I have to say I do not miss all the screaming.

In art news . . .



Gus chalked this drawing this week. It is "Uncle Michael and a DVD." Hmmmmmmm. I think it is his best drawing to date.

No comments: