Tuesday, March 3, 2009

first day of school



Gus started preschool today. I had big plans of taking his picture outside of his school holding his lunch bag, but it was only 15 degrees out so I just snapped a couple of pictures of him at circle time before scooping up Theo and rushing out. I am just happy I managed to get us and the camera to school on time.



When we went to pick Gus up, he ran over to me and gave me a big hug, and then Theo gave him a hug and we had a little hug fest. It was nice. Then Gus and Theo went over to the story rug to listen to the rest of the book. Teacher Rosemary asked if anyone wished they could go to the beach today. All the kids were saying "I do" or raising their hands. Theo looked around, then put his hand up. He is too cute and I think after a a few more drop-offs/pick-ups he will be throwing tantrums to stay at school with Gus.

By all reports Gus had a good day, though I could not get him to tell me much about what they did. He said he played dress up, and sang, and painted. And the kids said hi to him. We read a Dr. Seuss book tonight, and I said, "You read a Dr. Seuss book at school today didn't you? Was it about green eggs and Fred?" He started to say "Sam" but cut himself off and said, "We are not talking about that. Just read." I am already so out of the loop. :(

No comments: