Tuesday, March 3, 2009

potty antics

This is the funniest thing that has happened here in a while.

Gus likes to go potty by himself. He "needs his privacy." For the most part I try to leave him alone since he is most successful this way, but with enough supervision to ensure that he does not make a huge mess or drown.

Tonight I heard him climb up on the step stool to wash his hands and I went in to check on him. He was brushing his teeth with Jonathan's toothbrush. I said, "Gus, that is Daddy's toothbrush." He said "I know. I brush my teeth with Daddy's toothbrush every time I go potty!"

This made me so happy. What does that say about me? And for the record, Jonathan, I have never seen him use your toothbrush before so this may have actually been the first time. Though I suggest you might want to move your toothbrush. Mine is headed to the medicine cabinet.

No comments: