Thursday, August 27, 2009

overheard at 2042

Some of the funnier things muttered around here lately:

Theo waking one morning.
T: I am Theo. Where my cookie is? Where my cookie is? Where my cookie is.
I guess he misplaced a cookie in his dreams.

Theo walks up to Gus and grabs him by the face.
J: Theo, no grab Gus's face. What do you say to Gus?
T: You're welcome, Gus.

Jonathan, Gus and Theo are eating at the table. Theo is in his high chair. Gus drops his fork.
Jonathan: You dropped your fork, Gus. Can you get down and pick it up?
Gus: Theo, will you pick up my fork?
Theo: (looks down) I too high.

Amy, Gus and Theo are walking on the sidewalk on a busy street downtown. Gus turns around and runs towards a driveway to a parking lot. Amy calls for him to stop and backtracks to collect him. He is a little fresh when Amy tries to explain why he cannot do that, so she gives him the silent treatment. He hates that so he is trying to get her to talk to him again.
Gus: Momma, is my hospital open all the time?
Amy does not answer.
Gus: I hope so because I never know when I am going to hurt myself.

Gus turns the volume on the radio up so that it is blaring.

Amy: Gus, please turn that down. It is going to bother the neighbors.
Gus: I want to move to to New Jersey so I can play my music really loud.

Theo waking up another morning.

Theo: I want my money! I want my money. My money downstairs!
I guess he was talking about the pennies he puts in our pig piggy bank.

No comments: