It's snowing again! So why not give people a taste of summer?
A bargain or a ripoff? You decide.
Someone is coming!
Theo blows bubbles to draw attention to our stand . . .
while Gus yells "Lemonade for sale! Get your fresh squeezed lemonade!"
Our youngest, and most confused, customers.
Theo was put on stirring duty after he yelled "Hey? You got money?" to our dry cleaner. The dry cleaner said, "yes," and kept walking.
It was a fun twenty-five minutes, with only light flurries.
And profitable. Though one customer asked us if we were donating our earnings. Is that expected these days? Can't a kid just try to earn a buck?
But we did not set out to make money. Making lemonade was something I suggested to the boys to distract them from what they really wanted to do. And then they came up with selling it, like Curious George.
Before making the lemonade, Gus and Theo spent, I kid you not, two hours making this bird feeder. And I do realize I spelled squirrel wrong. I'll blame it on being preoccupied with making the message fit on the box.
Gus, Theo, Amy
Bluebird, "chirpedee" and cardinal
So after the bird feeder was complete the boys wanted to go out in the garden and dig up worms to put in it. I was a really good sport all day. "Yes," to looong games of checkers. "Yes," to pulling out sand shovels from deep storage so we could make levers to fling stuffed animals. "Yes," to using the shovels as lacrosse sticks. But there was no way I was digging for worms in the sleet. So lemonade it was.
No comments:
Post a Comment