Tuesday, February 23, 2010

poor theotheo couscous

 
Root-ee Mooty Schoenfeld

Theo is not having luck with his fish. TheoTheo Couscous is no more. I discovered this too late for Jonathan to pick up a replacement, so he is going to break the news to the boys in the morning.

During his brief five days with us (one more than TheoTheoTheo!), Theo accepted him as his pet and started calling him TheoTheo. Gus continued to comment on his size. "Mum, I think TheoTheoTheo is shrinking!"

I did not bond with this new fish. In a letter Gus dictated to me today he commented that TheoTheoTheo was swimming funny and had stopped, and it didn't occur to me that something might be wrong. I thought he was talking about the old TheoTheoTheo. So confusing.

So for now it is just us and Root-ee. He seems pretty hardy. Knock on wood.

No comments: