Monday, June 30, 2008

overheard at 2042 . . .

G: Theo, No! No touch my piles. Theo go in the playroom and have a time-out!
Gus attempting to put Theo in a time-out for touching his piles of train tracks.

Saturday morning, out of the blue
G: Daddy, what begins with edamame?
J: Huh?
A: He means what letter does edamame begin with.
J: Oh. Edamame begins with the letter E.
No further discussion of edamame, until . . .

Saturday afternoon
G: Grandma, what letter is this? (Looking down at the 'Thunder Football' tee he was wearing)
L: That's the letter 'E.'
G: E is for edamame!

Conversation snuggling before bedtime.
G: I love you best of all.
A: I love you soooooo much.
G: I don't love you sooo much. I love you best of all.
J: How about me?
G: How about not you.
We think Gus's "love you best of all" comes from 'Where the Wild Things Are.' Max wanted to be where "someone loved him best of all."

No comments: