Today was another perfect summer day. We spent the afternoon in Melanie's backyard. Gus and Philip played in the sand, Theo and Charlie watched them play and Melanie and I sat in chairs and drank iced tea. We did not have to referee any fights or chase down crawling babies. Gus and Philip could not have gotten along any better and we got a chuckle out of their crazy-polite conversations. Example.
G: Philip, may I have the orange shovel, pretty please?
P: Of course, Gus. (handing him the shovel)
G: Thank you, Philip.
It was like we had wandered on to the set of a how-to-behave-on-a-playdate instructional movie.
Gus sat in Philip's (and Charlie's) sandbox for TWO WHOLE HOURS without getting out. Melanie even offered him one of her delicious homemade granola bars but he declined since he could not eat it in the sandbox. I wonder how much longer he would have played in there if we had not had to go home to make supper?
No comments:
Post a Comment